Abstract Submissions for VICS 2019 have now closed. Thank you to all those who submitted abstracts, you will be notified of the status of your abstract on Thursday 7 March 2019.
The Conference key dates are as follows:
Call for Abstracts
Call for Abstract Deadline
07 March 2019
Author Registration Deadline
20 March 2019
Early Bird Registration Deadline
27 March 2019
VICS 2019 sub-themes:
- Innovation in the delivery of care
- Delivering outcomes/impacts and improving the patient experience
- Supporting under-served populations
- Identifying and monitoring unwarranted variations in cancer care
- Consumer engagement
If your abstract is accepted for an oral presentation, the Program Committee might recommend a different submission theme than the one selected at the time of submission. This will be communicated to you via email.
The Organising Committee has also offered three types of presentation options: oral, poster, Poster Pitch Presentation.
To learn more about the Poster Pitch Presentation click here.
Please note: The online abstract submission system eOrganiser might alter your formatting slightly to remain consistent with all other papers submitted. This is the acceptable format for submission. If you have any questions please contact the Conference Managers via firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidelines for abstract submission
The Organising Committee is delighted to invite all delegates to submit their abstract for consideration of oral presentation and hard copy poster presentations at the Victorian Integrated Cancer Services 4th VICS Conference, 9-10 May 2019 in Melbourne, Australia.
All abstracts will be reviewed by the Program Committee and accepted abstracts assigned to oral or poster presentations.
Please ensure to indicate your presentation preference; oral presentation or poster presentation. Full instructions to prepare and submit your abstract are provided below.
Please note: All accepted abstracts will be published electronically pending author’s adherence to the submission criteria below.
Instructions for preparing and formatting your abstract
Each participant is entitled to submit multiple abstracts. All abstracts that are not selected for an oral presentation will automatically be considered for poster presentations.
- Authors should prepare the body text of their abstract in advance using the Microsoft word abstract template provided in eOrganiser. To access the template click on the ‘program’ tab on the conference website.
- Abstracts must be submitted using the template. Abstracts not conforming to the template cannot be accepted. Use a doc or docx format.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Abstracts should comprise the following elements, with each beginning a new paragraph:
- Maximum number of words cannot exceed 350 words, over one A4 page
(Please note: The online system eOrganiser may extend your submission to two pages automatically, this is acceptable formatting).
- Please use Arial, 12 point text and symbol for Greek letters.
- Please use black font for the body text. Colours can be used for graphics, although the program book will be printed in black and white.
- Do not include the title of your abstract or author names and affiliations in the document (abstract body only).
- Abbreviations should not be used in the title. Abbreviations, other than those that form part of standard nomenclature, should be defined in full at the point of first mention in the abstract body.
- Please check your abstract text carefully for typographical, grammatical and other errors. The Program Committee takes no responsibility for errors in abstract content.
- Click on the button below for the instructions on how to complete the abstract submission form. It will be necessary to attach/upload the .doc copy of your abstract text.
Reference(s): Please include citations in the following format, Author, A.; Author, B. Chem. J. Anyone. 2016, 123, 0000-0000. (Where ‘123’ is italic font for volume number). Do not include paper titles.
The body text (including embedded illustrations and references) is uploaded during the online abstract submission process. The title, author names and affiliation details will automatically update upon submission completion. There is no need to include these details in your word document.
NOTE: Please print a copy of the abstract submission form for your records prior to clicking ‘upload’.
Instructions for submitting your abstract in eOrganiser
- Click here to commence your abstract submission through eOrganiser. Abstracts must be submitted by the presenting author and will only be accepted via eOrganiser in the above format.
- Click the ‘Create an Author Account’ button on the bottom right hand side of screen.
- After completing your author account details you will be sent an email to verify your account for login. Please remember your account password in case you need to access it again to make any changes to your submission.
- Once logged-in, click the ‘Submit Abstract’ button to access the submission page.
- Enter your paper title in the ‘Paper Details’ section.
- Upload the body text of your abstract, including embedded illustrations and references in a .doc or .docx format, following the format used in the abstract submission template.
- Enter names of all authors in the correct order, ensuring you indicate the presenting author for the abstract.
- Select one or more of the thematic tracks from the list provided.
- Abstracts must be received by 06 February 2019. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Notification of acceptances
Notifications of acceptance will be sent via email to the submitting author by 7 March 2019.
Accepted abstracts will be published in the electronic conference proceedings. The conference will not be held responsible for abstract submissions not received via the website or for submission errors caused by internet service outages, hardware or software delays, power outages or unforeseen events.