Melbourne had an extensive tram transportation system within and surrounding Melbourne city. Trams within the city centre are free of charge, known as the “free tram zone”, which includes teams to the MCEC. In order to travel on the trams outside his zone, delegates will need to purchase a “Myki card”, which can be purchased from any train station or 711 shop.
Tram numbers 12, 96 and 109 will drop delegates directly outside the MCEC at stop ‘Casino/MCEC/Clarendon St’ south of the river. Please be aware of the Free Tram Zones and ensure you have tapped on you myki card outside of these zones. You will see signage displayed at the tram stops and will be notified when entering and leaving a Free Tram Zone via announcements onboard.
If delegates take tram numbers 35, 70 and 75, please hop off at Flinders Street (west) near the Police. There will be a 6-minute walk from the tram stop crossing over the river on the Seafarers pedestrian bridge to MCEC.
If delegates take tram number 58 please hop off at Casino East south of the river. From here it will be a 10-minute walk to MCEC along the river.
The nearest train station is Southern Cross. From the Collin’s Street exit it is a 10-minute walk south along Spencer Street.
Melbourne Bike Share
The nearest bike share station is located north of Seafarer’s Bridge. Prices can be found here.
To rent a bike please follow the below instructions:
- Unlock: Find a nearby station and either undock your bike with a membership key or sign up at the kiosk for casual access. The light will turn amber while the key is checked. Wait for the green light then remove your key and bike within 15 seconds.
- Ride: Check that your bike is roadworthy and adjust the seat height.Take as many 30 minute short rides as you want while your pass or membership is active.
- Dock: Return your bike to any station. Push the front wheel firmly into any docking point and wait for the green light on the dock to make sure it’s locked and your bike is secured*.
For more information on bike share, please click here to view the website.
Phone: 1300 9091 9422 (Airport transfers)
Phone: 03 9091 9440 (City transfers)
Yellow Cabs Melbourne
Phone: 13 1924
Silver Top Taxis Melbourne
Phone: 131 008
Wheelchair Accessible Taxis Melbourne
Phone: 9277 3877
An Uber is approximately A$55.00 from the Airport to Melbourne’s City Centre/the MCEC. Please note your pickup location depends on your terminal and ride option.
Follow the below steps if you would like to utilise an Uber service:
- Download the Uber App on your mobile device by searching ‘Uber’ in the App Store or Google Play.
- Create an account and enter your details as directed.
- Please wait until you have collected your luggage and are ready to leave the airport before requesting your ride using the Uber app.
- Exit the terminal – The pickup location will depend on the type of vehicle you have selected. Please refer to the instructions below to find out where to meet your driver.
- Look for your vehicle and driver – if you can’t find your driver, contact them through the app.
If departing from Terminal 1, 2 or 3, follow the signs for ‘Uber’ towards the Pickup Zone, between the bus lane and the short-term car park. For Terminal 4, turn right to head to the T4 car park and take the escalator or lift to the pickup bays on Level 2. For fare estimates, visit the Uber website here.